Saturday, February 22, 2014

Day 53 | Compromise

Prompt: Think of a cause you are passionate about, or a disagreement you have had. Now write about it from the other side's perspective. Why did they or why are they doing what they are doing? What drives them to do what it is you disagree with. From this point of view can you see any areas where both sides could come to a compromise?


Stephanie | I am a pretty laid back person, very understanding and can see many points of view. One thing I feel very strongly about is cheating. When you are in a relationship you make a commitment to that one person.   I don't believe in cheating and I wont forgive it. I do suspect I have been cheated on in previous relationships, though I never knew for sure. I feel it is the ultimate betrayal of trust. People may argue that it didn't mean anything, or it was because they were lonely, just a situation where one thing lead to another, they were too drunk to know what they were doing, etc. And while that may be true and understandable it still doesn't excuse the action. If you feel you want to be with someone other than the person you are in a relationship with, I feel  you should end the relationship prior to perusing another person. As much as I can understand why someone would look outside the relationship for this, it is not something I am willing to compromise on.

Annetta | I have a brother who lives with me. He feels like this world has nothing to offer him. He has given up in all aspects of the word. I disagree with him 100%. If he has family who want to and are willing to help, he shouldn't he giving up, there is still so much hope! He still has so much to live for! He spends his days wallowing away in his misery, yes his life is miserable, but that's because he chooses it. I understand feeling helpless or feeling depressed, but there are people who want to help. Being where he is isn't easy, but no one can help him unless he lets us & we want to. He has so much love & beauty still inside of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10