Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day 121 | Free

Prompt: Tell me about a time when you felt completely free and in the flow of life. Where were you? What were you doing? Who was there? How did you feel?



Stephanie | I don't think there has ever been a time in my life where I have felt completely free. I think where I am in my life no is the closest I have been but I still feel like I have a ways to go before I will feel free. I have always been held back or had to be a certain way for other people, to be what they expected or wanted me to be. I have never been able to be just me, its never been allowed. I have had to take on roles and responsibilities that we not mine or try to live up to someone's expectations of what my life should be. Ive either been guilted into doing things or I was seeking approval or love and wasn't being true to myself. I am finally reaching a place where that doesn't matter anymore, finally finding my own voice and standing by my own thoughts and that the only person who needs to accept me, is me. I am finally starting to live my life for me, doing what I want, and becoming who I want, and that will lead me to freedom.

Annetta | I feel completely free when I am traveling, but have that one day where I get the hotel room all to myself. I am on no ones schedule and no one is on mine leaving me free to do as I please. I usually end up eating the healthiest and most expensive thing on the menu, in bed while creating and watching HGTV. Honestly, I can only do this for one night as I'd be missing my family, but I treasure those moments, where it's just me. They are also very rare moments for me. I love my family and would rather spend my time with them, but in those rare moments, it's nice to just be. I especially value those moments as they are a way that I rest, refresh and enjoy being alone with me. In those moments, I like who I am and enjoy spending time with myself. Aside from those moments I feel free in general as I've come to love who I am, my little quirks and am learning to embrace my flaws while still working on them. My true freedom comes from my faith and the love my husband has for me, which helps me be who I truly am and was created to be.





No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10