Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day 149 | A Sign Of Weakness

Prompt: What do you think about the statement 'crying is a sign of weakness'?



Stephanie | I don't think crying is a sign of weakness. I think crying is natural and just one way to share emotion. For me, crying comes when I have no other way to express my feelings. My level of sadness, anger, hurt, or frustration has no other way to escape my body than through tears. I can only take in so much before I reach my breaking point and begin crying, its not because I am weak, but because I am at capacity with my emotions and haven't been able to process through them. I do not consider myself to be a weak person or that crying weakens me. Being able to go through my emotions and release them actually makes me stronger.     

Annetta | I feel like the saying is childish! I honestly believe that tears are healing for the soul. The bible says that there's "a time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance." Holding in our tear and bottling one is helping no one, but actually damaging us. I've come to points in my life where things were so overwhelming where I would just cry, but after that one good cry the clouds cleared and the sun came shinning again. I also notice that when I haven't cried in a long time and then finally cry it just feels so good to my heart and freeing. I never take it as a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength. Only a strong person can cry and let it all go, but then walk away feeling a little lighter. 



2 comments:

  1. Oh I agree with both of you. I really believe that crying is a sign of strength...being able to express emotion is a sign of strength!!! Love and hugs form the ocean shores of California, Heather :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! I wonder if men feel the say way about crying?

      Delete

09 10