Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day 158 | Proud Of

Prompt: What are you proud of yourself for?


Stephanie | I am proud of myself for not including myself in another persons drama. Given the nature of my relationship with this person I try to keep a relationship going, but I find myself pulled into drama continuously. I am proud that I have been able to keep my distance and not get sucked into the cycle again. I am at a place in life where I am ok walking away from this relationship, so the drama this person creates doesn't get to me anymore, I don't feel the need to fix it and do/be what this person wants. I have come to the conclusion that I will never meet this persons expectations, they will continue to blame me for things I didn't do, I will never be/do enough, and I am ok with that now. I no longer feel the need to please or gain approval. I finally understand that this person has their own issues and demons they need to confront that has nothing to do with me. I am proud that I am able to stand up for myself and stop this cycle.  

Annetta | I am proud of myself for not letting the expectations of high school that were set for me be my limit. They told me I couldn't do certain things in my life or that I wouldn't get to be what I really wanted to me, but I told them I will be. I, despite what others have thought or said about me, am a success, I am beautiful, I am talented and I have many things to offer. I am proud of where I am in my life and did not quit even when others have said I should! It's so easy to sit back and life happen, but that's not my route. I have dreams, goals and a life to live!


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10