Sunday, March 22, 2015

Week 12 | Cups

Prompt: Sketch some of your favorite cups. Stack then up, line them up or draw your whole collection!

 

Stephanie | I have a collection of mason jars in my hutch, but they are not very pretty to sketch, so my collection is of my tea cups and saucers I have stacked on my little white shelf. Once I started to paint I realized there wasn't much color to my collection, at least not from the angle I sketched at, but I tried to do something different than my other pages, add some shadowing, and add color to the background. My other creative, if it counts, was to re-pot many of my plant. I have had them for quite a while, but haven't had larger pots to plant them in. I found some larger terracotta clay pots for some but I found an old cookie jar at the goodwill, drilled a drain hole in the bottom and re-purposed it as a flower pot.

Annetta | I have SO many collections of cups, mugs and teacups. It took me the whole week to figure out what I'm going to sketch. The prompt was my idea, but when it came time to sketching it I wish I would have never thought of it. The whole thing was a disaster from the first mark. I even texted Stephanie to tell her what a disaster my mugs turned into. She told me what I would have told her, just keep going. So I did and it got worse, but eh, it's just a sketchbook of practice. In the end I made it work and actually like my mess of a sketch. Lesson learned: just keep going! Now that this prompt is over I am thankful that I have a list of some of my favorite cups as most of them will be sold next sunday. For my other creative I went out shooting with my film camera this week. I went to the tulip fields and had a impromptu photo session on a beach with a model. I also finished my hot air balloon and started another one for Stephanie's new baby.



3 comments:

  1. Oh, I do love mugs and different cups <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and noticed you haven't posted since May.. I know it is none of my business, but I just wanted to say I hope you and your families are o.k. Just a concerned reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have SO many collections of cups, mugs and teacups. It took me the whole week to figure out what I'm going to sketch. The prompt was my idea, but when it came time to sketching it I wish I would have never thought of it. The whole thing was a disaster from the first essay paper write

    ReplyDelete

09 10